[Live-demo] Following the install_grass.sh script in ubuntu

vega_l at yahoo.com vega_l at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 19 05:30:54 EST 2009

Greetings to all!

I hope someone could give me a hand, I've been trying to follow the install_grass.sh script to install the last version of GRASS in Ubuntu Jaunty (amd64) - GNOME.

I'm not familiar with this kind of sintaxis but I think I got everything right, except for this last part of the script:

if [ `grep -c 'GRASS_PAGER=' "$USER_HOME/.bashrc"` -eq 0 ] ; then
   cat << EOF >> "$USER_HOME/.bashrc"

GRASS_PAGER=more
GRASS_ADDON_PATH=~/grassdata/addons
export GRASS_PAGER GRASS_ADDON_PATH

EOF
fi

How can I add manually the changes required into my .bashrc file, and what does the
grasspager=more do?

PD: about the install_qgis.sh script

QGIS worked great in the virtual machine, so I followed that script too to install QGIS into my main system.
Ultimately, I could do it, but I got problems with the libqt4-sql-psql package. It depends on libqtcore4 version 4.5.0 and I had installed the 4.5.1 , so I had to uninstall every other program that was depending on the new version in order to downgrade it, and one of them was precisely VirtualBox.