[Live-demo] Next Version - New Name ?!

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 21:57:29 EST 2009

Ricardo Pinho wrote:
> And to avoid wrong interpretations of GISVM name involvement on the Arramagong LiveDVD building, like: (http://www.lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/products/arramagong.html)
>
> “LISAsoft has played a lead role in coordinating the packaging of projects for the Arramagong Live DVD and GISVM, and provides commercial support both for the packaging process and also for many of the packaged applications.”
>
> The truth is, LISAsoft or OSGeo haven’t been involved at all, on coordinating or building of GISVM! In fact, besides me, there has been only one personal contribution on GISVM, from "Jorge de Jesus".
>
> So, I really think it would be wise to remove the GISVM name use on future OSGeo Live-Demo products, to avoid confusion and keep me free to use my GISVM name/brand without hurting anyone feelings.

Richardo,
I apologise if it was seen that LISAsoft were claiming credit for GISVM.
What I was aiming to achieve was a recognition of the GISVM name on your
behalf.

However, I'm happy to remove the reference above. (It likely won't take
effect until after Xmas as I need to get my password reactivated by
someone who is on leave).

By the same logic, I'm guessing you would prefer us to move the wiki
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GISVM_Build to
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Arramagong_Build and update the build docs to
reference Arramagong instead of GISVM?

Geospatial Systems Architect