[Live-demo] install_gpsdrive.sh problems

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 18:47:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

Some problems were noted re. the install_gpsdrive.sh script. I've just
tried a fresh run on a Debian/Lenny (similar vintage to Jaunty) and it
all worked fine for me.

To fix these I need a little more info.

# install gpsdrive including LANDSAT maps for Sydney CBD
# Note: This takes a long time to download. It may have too much data.

The data download is 70mb which is AFAICT about the average for other
packages. It's just jpegs so uncompressed it's about the same.

I've set it to use a SourceForge mirror in Adelaide; for me that gives
500 Kb/sec. Is the syd tiles the thing that it is getting hung on or
is it something else? Would it be better to try the SF mirror in
Canberra, or just revert back to the main one in the US? There is
also a 1mb version of the dataset in OSGeo/live-dvd SVN, but it only
has a few LANDSAT maps; no local roads.

# It then does a compile, and seems to cause dependency problems.

what are they specifically? could someone copy&paste the full output
of the script & send it to me as an attachment? This will affect the
Debian package too, so if there are bugs in the build rules I'd like
to fix them.

thanks,
Hamish