[Live-demo] The Arramagong Live DVD / GISVM alpha 5 ready for download

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 10:45:01 EDT 2009

Cameron wrote:
> The latest alpha5 LiveDVD is available for download. Please download
> and check your applications run as you would expect, and adjust any
> scripts as required.
>
> With this latest build of the Live DVD, I've kept install
> logs, and also checked disk size after each package install,
> so you can get an indication about how much space each
> application uses. (Note that this also includes the tmp/
> download directory which is not deleted during the
> download).
> The latest image, and logs are available at:

[clarification]

alpha5 /is/ out, it just that the links to *.1 and *.2 are currently
broken because the file permissions are wrong on the server. It needs
to be a+r; and should be a-x, and g+w (so others can fix it).

chmod 664 [Aa]rramagong*

also index.html and the email links were out of date. I think at this
point we can confidently say that Cameron et al. are working themselves
to exhaustion getting this thing ready..

for now I've cloned the files on the server. Until the proper ones are
fixed temporary working links are:

http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/Arramagong-gisvm-2.0-alpha5_DUPLICATE.7z.1
http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/Arramagong-gisvm-2.0-alpha5_DUPLICATE.7z.2

"wget -c" is suggested :)

md5sums:
39e2f89bd6725eeec56afcc733ffff15  Arramagong-gisvm-2.0-alpha5_DUPLICATE.7z.1
356e70d0e02cd7f22a1f66af549bf5f6  Arramagong-gisvm-2.0-alpha5_DUPLICATE.7z.2

the web page has been updated:
  http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/

have fun,
Hamish