[Live-demo] The Arramagong Live DVD / GISVM alpha 5 ready for download

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 19:46:45 EDT 2009

Cameron wrote:
> I've [...] removed the DUPLICATE file, which I now think
> was probably a bad idea, as some people may be half way
> through downloading it.

as long as they don't stop they should be ok. AFAIU Linux
(unlike ms-win) does not actually forget the data until all programs that have it open have closed it.

looking through the error log I notice a couple of things,

* grass and qgis scripts failed. :(  hopefully now fixed in svn
* install_main_docs.sh casues a lot of 404 Not Found wget errors.
* maptiler scipt failed, but I think that is now fixed in svn
* geoserver has something weird going on, not sure..

I added some error reporting code into main.sh to try and make
these easier to pick up, and added a little shell magic to
reformat the disk_usage.csv file (I put that at the ignored
end of main.sh; not really sure where it should go)

the first package to install e.g. java will of course seem
somewhat larger than the ones that follow which also depend
on it. so take sizes with a grain of salt.

Package         Kilobytes

deegree         736660
kosmo           466992
udig            414080