[Live-demo] Application install order

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 23 01:07:28 EDT 2009

I'm not sure what particular order the installs are run in but I'd like
to suggest that we group them by like attributes.

All the Java stuff should go first so the user agreements etc can all be
done at the beginning and if for some reason java fails like it did on
me it's easier to isolate which ones went wrong.

Anything that needs compiling should go together in case a prompt comes
up in there.

Postgis should go right before pgrouting.

Note the order of icons added to the desktop is roughly the order of
icon install, so we could close that ticket through ordering of the install.

For that reason I suggest desktop and docs go last.
FYI: why are we using wget for the docs if the bootstrap pulls it all
via svn? should we move that to a cp command?

Any opinions?
Alex