[Live-demo] ISO go/no go

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Tue Sep 29 15:21:50 EDT 2009

Alex Mandel ha scritto:
> Dane Springmeyer wrote:
>>> - "Start Mapni..." icon looks like it will shut off the machine
>> Thanks, fixed in trunk by using a simple globe icon.
>>
>>> Start mapni..
>>> - started up; was able to follow the instructions
>>> - first time firefox opens it goes into offline mode and prevents the
>>> opening of the page
>> The 'openlayers.html' demo needs online connectivity to be able to fetch
>> an external OL, so that might be the problem.
>>
>> I have not seen a local install of OpenLayers to use - anyone know if I
>> should be linking to a local/offline copy of OL?
>>
>>> - unchecking offline mode; and asking it to try again let me see the
>>> service and view the first tile
>>>
>> Okay, perhaps you are talking about being blocked from viewing the
>> sample tile/welcome page at localhost:8000? I'll try to test this again...
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - Dane
>
> OpenLayers is there buried in the Geoserver install and possibly in the
> mapserver install. We've identified down the line we should have it at
> the root of apache for all to hit if they want.

Err... no, quite the contrary. To have it usable in GeoServer demos
it has to be provided by GeoServer itself, otherwise we break the
"same origin" policy and GetFeatureInfo plus the WFS-T demos will
break. Btw, GeoServer embeds the OpenLayers javascript sources
so there is no need for an external connection afaik.

Cheers
Andrea

--
Andrea Aime