[Live-demo] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] 1 week to test the OSGeo-Live DVD before we burn it

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 04:38:16 EDT 2010

Hi All,

from the osgeo live list :

Inizio messaggio inoltrato:

>> The OSGeo-Live DVD is looking great, with 43 pre-configured GeoSpatial
>> Open Source packages and marketing documentation.
>>
>> It will be sent to the printers next week, Monday 9 August, and we are
>> calling on all projects to test their applications and documentation
>> and verify everything is working fine.
>>
>> Could everyone with an interest please:
>>
>> download an ISO or Virtual Machine from here:
>> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/
>> run (and update) test steps for your project. Test steps might be "Run
>> steps in QuickStart". Record results here:
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing
>> review documentation:
>> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/osgeolive-docs/index.html
>> if inspired - write a quickstart, or add screen shots to an existing quickstart.
>> fix anything that is broken

Ossim is present on the live-dvd thanks to the ubuntu packages prepared by Pirimin K.
testing it i can see Imagelinker is built using ossim_qt4 instead of qt3, this give us a non-full working imagelinker :-(

right now i'm preparing a fresh VM on which i'll try to rebuild imagelinker and ossimplanet from svn,
unlucky i have no experience building .deb ...
maybe using a cmake build "out of source" i can try to build a "static version" for all the ossim suite.

here my question :

using cmake i'm able to choose wich part of ossim i should build
but i can't find an entry to choose between ossim_qt or ossim_qt4
i can see only ossim_qt4 [ON/OFF]

Pirimin, have you time/resource to build a new packages .deb ?

Please, i'm avaiable at any time to try to generate a new .deb
thanks to anyone who has experience on this side.

Ciao,

Massimo.