[Live-demo] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Atlas Styler glitches on OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Sun Aug 8 17:51:23 EDT 2010

Stefan,
Could you please look contact us asap to see if we can get atlas styler
working. We hang out at irc://freenode.net#osgeolive and on email.

In particular, we need more detailed steps on running the quick start. Tell
the user exactly where to find a SLD.

I'm wondering whether we should hide Atlas Styler from this release as if it
just freezes up, then we are going to leave a bad impression with the user.
Something which is bad for OSGeo-Live, and worse for Atlas-Styler.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Stegan; it was a bit funny. The application window appeared under the
> panel at the top of the gnome desktop. I eventually worked around it by
> finding the entry in the task manager and asking the window to maximise.
>
> Other than that I was unable to create a style using the natural earth
> countries shapefile - I let the progress bar go for 5 mins before moving on
> to the next app. For the quick start you may want to be super specific about
> where to find the data (in the users home directory) and what buttons to
> click etc..
>
> If I can be any help let me know.
>
> Jody
>
> On 06/08/2010, at 6:12 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
> > Stefan,
> > Jody reports there being problems with AtlasStyler on OSGeo-Live.
> > Could you please look into it ASAP.
> > Test results here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing#atlasstyler
> >
> > --
> > Cameron Shorter
> > Geospatial Director
> > Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
> > Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
> >
> > Think Globally, Fix Locally
> > Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
> > http://www.lisasoft.com

Geospatial Systems Architect