[Live-demo] Some projects not available in the "GeoSpatial" Menu

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 17:15:59 EDT 2010

Stefan wrote:
> "or somewhere." .. i read that, as if
>  Icon=/usr/share/atlasstyler/atlasstyler.xpm
> is ok.

as long as it works, it's fine.

> AtlasStyler would fit to Spatial Tools best i guess.

as per your earlier request I put them in Desktop GIS.
(already committed install_desktop.sh before I read this)

fyi here is the logic of the menu breaks:

#Desktop apps part 1 (traditional analytic GIS)
DESKTOP_APPS

#Desktop apps part 2 (geodata viewers and editors)
NAV_APPS

#Server apps part 1 (web-enabled GIS; interactive/WPS)
WEB_SERVICES

#Server apps part 2 (web based viewers; data only flows down to user)
BROWSER_CLIENTS

#Infrastructure and miscellanea
SPATIAL_TOOLS

#Future home of PostGIS and Spatialite; pgRouting???
DB_APPS

#Server apps part 3 (public good theme)
RELIEF_APPS

... so where do you want them? if it could go either way
perhaps lean to the less populated menu.

> I left out Geopublisher to not flood the desktop.

no they don't flood it, they get sorted from the desktop
into their subfolders and the menu sections.
I've now uncommented it.

cheers,
Hamish
(now offline for the next day or two)