[Live-demo] permisions problems on the raster/data

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 08:19:12 EDT 2010

Massimo Di Stefano wrote:
>  the directory
>
> /home/user/data/raster
>
> should be writable,
>
> the command "ossim-img2rr
> /home/user/data/raster/dand1.tif"
>
> fails to generate overview (write permisions problems)

Hi, taking a break from muddy paddocks and tractors to
pop online for a moment,..

it needs to add files to the dir, not modify the file,
correct?

the solution is:
chmod g+w /usr/local/share/data/raster
chown root.users /usr/local/share/data/raster
adduser user users

(make the dir point to the actual dir, not a symlink. In
the above I just guess where that is; double check)

safe work around is to copy the tif to ~/ before starting
work. we can probably fix this for 4.0.1, but I don't
want to think about that or make any changes in that
direction until the current build is off to the printers.

cheers,
Hamish