[Live-demo] osgeolive overview presentation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 20:19:08 EDT 2010

Comments inline.

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Astrid Emde <astrid_emde at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hello Jody,
>
> I had a look at your presentation. Thanks for your work. Here is some
> feedback.

Thanks for the review.
> * slide 17 does not cover all applications maybe this is because there is
> lack of space. The Category Browser is not so good in my opinion - maybe a
> better word would be WebMapping?

This is an example from a previous presentation showing the idea of
grouping the applications in a "stack". This idea is flawed as many of
the applications (such as mapguide and the crisis response
applications) do not fit neatly in a little box performing a single
role.

> * please write Mapbender with a small b (slide 17,18,59)

Done!

> * please write WhereGroup (slide 34)

done!

> * please mention the following Mapbender Sponsors and Supporter (slide 67):
> WhereGroup
> Metaspatial
> in medias res
> Thomas Baschetti
> Geoportal Rhineland-Palatinate
> Stadt Remscheid
> geoinformation+planung
> terrestris
> FOSSGIS e.V.
> and a lot more
>
> (the list won't be complete as there are so many supporter financing
> enhancements in the project)

That is fine; I think you mean slide 69 (where I have now changed the
title to say "Mapbender Sponsors". I am trying to avoid calling out to
specific individuals - instead thanking the organisations that employ
them; or government grants etc.  This is more about communicating
where the money
comes from (and hopefully encourage others that they too can invest in
open source spatial).

> Best regards Astrid

Thanks for the corrections.
Jody