[Live-demo] Requesting comment on new translation status sheet

Marco Puppin puppingeo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:02:39 EST 2010

Hi Cameron,

yep, your job looks defenetely good to me and sure it will give us benefits.
By my part, please go on with the it replacement, then I'll push myself with
the translation.
I am sorry we didn't respect the previous deadline.
About the testing, I'll try to give as much feedback as I can.

Cheers,

marcopoldo

2010/12/7 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>

> Hello translators,
> I've been practising some excel wizardry in order to provide a reasonable
> amount of automation to collection of the status of translated
> documentation.
>
> Before I roll out the status across all the specific language status
> sheets, I'd like to get feedback to make sure I'm on track. The spreadsheet
> I'm working on is in google docs here:
>
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlRFyY1XenjJdFRDbjFyWHg1MlNTRm10QXk0UWEzWlE&authkey=CPTB6uIE&hl=en_GB#gid=5
>
> I've written a script extracts version numbers of all documents in svn,
> which is manually copied to the sheet svnlist.
>
> I'm also extracting the status of English docs from our package status page
> here:
>
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8
> (Status of English docs are: 4.0final, 4.5devel, 4.5draft, 4.5complete)
>
> I'm now expecting that we will keep a translation status for each document
> as: (--, draft, complete, reviewed)
>
> Based on all these inputs, I've created a "Summary" sheet, which allows us
> to see:
> * whether a doc is ready for translation
> * whether the English doc is newer than the translated doc (with status of
> "...dated")
> * whether a doc has completed translation
> * who was the last person to commit a file to subversion
> * priority for translating
>
> You can see what this should look like for each language in the sheet
> "ExampleLang".
>
> Could translators please look at "ExampleLang" and confirm that you are ok
> with the way the information is presented. If so, I will replace the
> spreadsheets es,de, ja,it,el,ro,pl with these sheets.
>
> Doc to review is here:
>
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlRFyY1XenjJdFRDbjFyWHg1MlNTRm10QXk0UWEzWlE&authkey=CPTB6uIE&hl=en_GB#gid=11
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter