[Live-demo] Version 4 beta 2 up

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 05:30:58 EDT 2010

Alex wrote:
> > Mysql root is "user" just like all the other passwords.

added to password.txt

> A note on the ubuntugis ppa, we should probably shift the code to:
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable

no objection, but we already set up the repo and key in setup.sh. Any
script that redoes that doesn't harm (keeps it working independently),
but it isn't strictly necessary. Same with keeping deb-src lines
active in the sources.list files; we don't use it for the build.

> Add the repo via a sources file and separate adding of the key is no
> longer necessary the one line above does both, and we won't have to
> change it every time we switch base distro since it figures that out on
> it's own.

we don't and never did have to do that. People keep on propagating the
old & unused 8.04 LTS key, and I keep on commenting it out... the correct
key has stayed the same.

all we have to do is update the release name in ubuntugis.list.

perhaps for the 4.5 livedvd build in 6 months time if we stay with Lucid
we'll have to reactivate the LTS repo key, but let's jump off that bridge
once we get to it.

regards,
Hamish