[Live-demo] Remaining tasks looking for a volunteer

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 18:27:55 EDT 2010

On 28/07/10 06:04, Massimo Di Stefano wrote:
> p.s.
> apologize me for the complete absence from the list (i know there is a lot of work to do)
> i had to defend my master degree thesis the last week
> ... i'm back:-)  to help a bit for what i can

Massimo (and others who have a few spare moments to help),

Here are some ideas for what you can do:

1. Help write remaining Overview docs. You can see what is left to do at
our status page here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=5

In particular, we are missing:
OpenLayers,
GeoKettle,
GeoServer,
MapTiler,
OpenJump (although I think this is coming),
OpenStreetMap Editor Tools
UDig

2. Clean up the packaging of OpenLayers. Last time I looked, Openlayers
was not selectable as its own item in the menus, and I don't think it
includes the typical examples. (This is a very high priority as
OpenLayers is the only OSGeo package which is not presented well)

3. Include screen grabs. Some Overviews don't have a screen grab yet.
Helping them out would be great.
* MapFish
* MapServer
* QGIS Mapserver
* R

4. If someone has Sphinx templating experience - it would be great if we
could improve the templates, in particular to address the general
integration between quickstart, overview and descriptions.

Geospatial Director