[Live-demo] 4.0 rc5 build

Daniel Kastl daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Wed Jul 28 01:30:26 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

2010/7/28 Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>

> This is the revision the disc was built with
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_pgrouting.sh?rev=4269

This is the latest revision, so it should be OK.

> What user are you running it as?

Currently without setting a specific user.
Accoring to the script user "user" creates the database:

sudo -u $USER_NAME createdb $OSM_DB

So also "user" should be also the owner of the database, right?

Then I run osm2pgrouting program without "sudo -u user", so without changing
the user to "user". It should run then as root, I think.

To be able to connect to the database you can specify the database user
with osm2pgrouting [...] -user user [...]
But here it somehow fails. If I run it afterwards on the VM it's OK.

Wondering why it fails. Do you have any idea? The users are a bit confusing
but I can't see the error.

> The reason that the sudo -u is there is because the scripts run as root
> but root does not have access to postgres only user does.
>
> So you could try:
> sudo su user
> run commands
> exit (can you do exit in a script like that?)

Do you think this makes a difference to start a command with sudo -u user?

Daniel