[Live-demo] What dataset should your application use on the LiveDVD?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Jun 12 12:16:25 EDT 2010

I think 2 datasets make sense:
1 World level - NaturalEarthData, etc. (I personally like the Cross
Blended Hypsometric Tints raster where the color isn't purely elevation)
( A layer of OSGeo Chapters would be nice too, and maybe points for
previous Foss4G)

2 local - As we discussed previously every year we could rebuild the
same type of data for the location of foss4g, in this case Barcellona
Landsat, SRTM/DEM, OSM, KML of conference hotel, etc.

Format wise we should make sure we have at minimum:
1 Geotiff
1 Shapefile
1 KML
1 OSM file
1 Postgis Layer (Can be imports of above data)
1 Spatialite (Can be imports of above data)
1 JPEG (Mapnik tile?)
1 WMS (Can be imports of above data)
1 WFS (Can be imports of above data)

Thanks,