[Live-demo] Spanish translation

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 17 15:54:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've updated my old doc folder to try to start helping Javier on
translations into Spanish. I place here my comments in order to
(maybe) give some ideas or thoughts.

#1 Alginers and OmegaT

I've checked that we cannot use aligners for OmegaT because at rst
documents paragraphs are broken into several lines so the aligner
can't work out where the sentences start and end, as Anne told us some
days ago. I don't want to change (at least without discuss) the
original English documents so I'll go with manual non-assisted
translation.

#2 Wiki page for help on translation

I've created an Spanish page with some notes to coordinate the way we
translate, formatting and grammatical stuff, just some notes that we
can build as translation goes.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Traducci%C3%B3n_de_OSGeo_Live

#3 Glossary

Aas I've started to translate I've run on doubts about witch exact
word to use to translate something, so a Glossary to use all the same
terminology must be necessary, IMHO. I hope we can build a minimum
common English-Spanish (at least) glossary.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Glosario_SIG

Well that's all and I've just translated 3 paragraphs of the
index.rst) but as Lincoln said, I'm sharpening my axe :-)

Cheers

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía