[Live-demo] 5.0 Beta 4 Status - Space

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 18:22:12 EDT 2011

Daniel wrote:
>>> For pgRouting Qucikstart I have to either download a smaller
>>> bbox of Denver area for pgRouting, or we could make the area
>>> smaller in general, and it will also decrease the size of
>>> pgRouting.
..
> Can maybe some other tool make me an extract of the already
> downloaded osm file? Osmosis maybe? I don't know so well
> about them.

I think osmosis can do it, but I'm not expert in that tool.
installing osmosis on the disc is a TODO item, probably won't
happen this round.

What I think to do is to create a Denver_CBD.osm.bz2 file at a
more manageable size. a couple MB of redundancy but if it saves
100mb that's ok.

I have been doing (the new java) Xapi servers for creating the
OSM files, the OSM extract servers are too overloaded to trust
to work at build time so I've been stashing a pre-downloaded
version on the osgeo download server.

>>> Yes, I already made it smaller for the workshop, using just
>>> Denver downtown. Because it takes too long on weak notebooks
>>> to run the topology function.
>>
>> bbox?
>
> Yes, the workshop uses some really small area only. I need two
> SQL dumps for those, who get lost and need to start over with
> some working database eventually. They don't require much
> space, when they are packed. 2 or 3 MB, I think.

what's the bbox for that?

cheers,
Hamish