[Live-demo]Does your app work on the new OSGeo-Live V4.5 Alpha2?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 18:50:13 EST 2011

I'm looking for volunteers to help us determine which applications have
been installed successfully on the latest OSGeo-Live build.

In particular, we need to keep track of which version has been installed
successfully.
Who is available to try out applications on the latest VM? At some
point, a representative from each application should run their
application on the VM and confirm it works as expected. We will ask for
more comprehensive testing after our UAT deadline of 21 Feb 2011.

I've written up the process to follow to collect status here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Review#Application_Review

  Application Review

    * Download the latest ISO or Virtual Machine from
      http://live.osgeo.org/dev/build
    * Virtual Machines will need to be uncompressed with 7zip for
      windows <http://www.7-zip.org/> or 7zip for unix

7z x file.7z

For each application:

    * Verify that you can select the application from the pull down menu.
    * Find out what version of the application has been installed, and
      insert the version number into the "installed version" column of
      the Status spreadsheet
      <https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8>

    * Run the application and see if it works. If the Quickstart exists,
      try following the Quickstart instructions.

Note any errors that you find in the issue tracker using the following:

    * OSGeo-Live issues are reported here:
      https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/report/10
    * Set "Component" = "LiveDVD"
    * For "Keywords", add the base release number, and the application
      id used in the Status Spreadsheet
      <https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=8>.
      Eg: "4.0, geoserver". Don't use "4.0rc1, geoserver".

On 06/02/11 08:18, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 02/04/2011 08:33 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> I just started the Alpha2 build @r5513. I am well aware there are some
>> known outstanding issues but since the last build only made it as far as
>> Sahana we wanted to make sure that we get some error information for the
>> rest of the packages.
>>
>> Look for build logs and possibly a downloadable vm in approx 12 hours
>> (Build is mostly running while I'm asleep, it doesn't actually take 12
>> hours, much closer to 2-3 hours).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
> Came out better this time, still some work to do of course. Logs an vmdk
> file are up. We also now have a stable url to help you get the latest
> dev build when they become available. It's a redirect for now but should
> always get you to the right place.
>
> http://live.osgeo.org/dev/build
>
> Thanks,
> Alex