[Live-demo] Sahana Install - minor edits

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Mon Feb 14 15:24:28 EST 2011

Hamish, thank you for your considered response..
and your good work on these scripts..

after talking it out with knowledgeable colleagues
I think a)  we should do little to this release, so it gets out the door
and b) one possible solution is
   since all these sub-scripts are run by a master script.
have the master script define a couple of good vars
and standardize on having all the sub-scripts use them

  hth
    -Brian

On Feb 14, 2011, at 1:42 AM, Hamish wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>> I have a raw, base XUbuntu that I build from..
>> I selectively run and delete components on it the `pwd`
>> approach broke for me probably based on whether the current
>> directory was the base of the svn checkout or in its child
>> directory, bin, at a particular time
>
> scripts expect to be run from the bin/ dir, or the relative
> path names will break. previously scripts would use 'svn co'
> to download app-conf/ files but that was ridiculous as they
> were already part of the svn tree, so it was changed to relative
> path names as ../app-conf/.

In the tiny bit of this kind of scripting