[Live-demo] GeoData on the LiveDVD

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sun Jan 23 18:57:41 EST 2011

Hi All-

   I am in correspondence with the Natural Earth team, and will
hopefully have a NE version soon that is ready to go for this next
LiveDVD.
Regarding sample osm data, the last one was Barcelona, so I imagine the
next will be Denver.

   specifically, script       install_gisdata.sh      has a variable
called "CITY" set to 'Barcelona'
The script         install_osm.sh        has a hardcoded
'Barcelona.osm.bz2' and "BBOX"

   The order of execution is defined in main.sh, as roughly.. apps,
postgis, osm, load_postgis, pgrouting
(load_postgis is supposed to mean "put data into postgis")

   It would be great to have a new, cleaned version of the Natural Earth
data when we get it from the NE team
(perhaps with a couple more layers added to our very minimal set now)
and the "CITY" variable changed and some coordination between the
scripts.
I want to touch base with the list before I make changes to the
scripts, so we are all on the same page

   best regards from Berkeley, California
     -Brian

==