[Live-demo] RE: MapGuide on LiveDVD 5.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:34:00 EDT 2011

Peter Rieks, (autodesk),

As explained by Trevor, there are technical barriers causing a
reasonable amount off effort required to include MapGuide on the latest
OSGeo-Live, and consequently Peter suggests that MapGuide shouldn't be
included on the next release, and due to MapGuide's size and limited
space on OSGeo-Live, it will be challenging re-introducing MapGuide later.

It would be good to keep all applications on OSGeo-Live, and as such I'd
like to investigate what options we have available to us to move forward.

Trevor, your suggestion of printing 2 DVDs (or more likely an 8 Gig USB)
is an option that will sometimes be used, but the practicalities of
printing a marketing DVD is that there is usually only budget for one
DVD and no more.