[Live-demo] RE: MapGuide on LiveDVD 5.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:21:04 EDT 2011

On 07/07/11 20:13, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> Not really a solution for the space problems, but I think we could
> leave the project overview, quickstart and maybe some documentation on
> the live dvd, but refer to a web server which runs the mapguide demo.
> That keeps our overview complete - even if the project itself is not
> on the dvd.

I'm very reluctant to have documentation on OSGeo-Live for an
application which is not included.
Note that OSGeo-Live is being handed out to first time users, and if us
developers find it hard to install the application, then newbies will
find it even harder.
Note that one bad experience from a newbie will tarnish the reputation
of all OSGeo-Live applications.

Geospatial Director