[Live-demo] Re: Please publicly state acceptance of osgeo-live license for license audit (enhanced text)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 05:17:03 EDT 2011

Text below has been extended with improvements thanks to Simon Cropper's
input.

osgeo-live contributors,
For license audit public transparency and completeness, could you all
please email live-demo at lists.osgeo.org with a statement similar to:

--
/I confirm that my past contributions to OSGeo-Live may be used under
the current OSGeo-Live license guidelines.

If you are a prime contact for an application, could you also please add
a statement similar to:

--
/I have authored and/or checked the contents of OSGeo-Live Project
Overviews & Quickstarts for <Application>, and as far as I can tell, all

The <Project Overview / Quickstart> incorporates content from
http://.... which currently .../
(select 1. or 2. below)
/1. is licensed under (Creative Commons license XXX) which, as explained
by table here [3], is permitted to be included in <CC-By / CC-By-SA)
documentation.
2. [does not contain a stated copyright license] / [is licensed under a
non-Creative Commons open license].
2.1. I have contacted (the author/the project's Project Steering
Committee) who has/have confirmed that the documentation may be used
under the CC-By/CC-By-SA license.
2.2. After contacting the project's (developer email list), I have been
unable to determine ownership of the URL(s) above, and as such, suggest
that we can make use of the material under the terms of Fair Use [1] and
Fair Dealing [2]/

/[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing
[3]
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ#If_I_use_a_Creative_Commons-licensed_work_to_create_a_new_work_.28ie_a_derivative_work_or_adaptation.29.2C_which_Creative_Commons_license_can_I_use_for_my_new_work.3F
/

Geospatial Director