[Live-demo] Re: Please publicly confirm you are ok with proposed osgeo-live license for naturalearth

Nathaniel V. Kelso nvkelso at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 14:40:10 EDT 2011

Natural Earth data is in the public domain. All the related support and
quick start material surrounding Natural Earth data is also in the public
domain. As to your particular version of license...

I confirm that my past contributions to OSGeo-Live may be used under the
current OSGeo-Live license guidelines.
I confirm that my future contributions will be compatible with the
OSGeo-Live license guidelines at the time of contribution.
The current OSGeo-Live license guidelines are:
* Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
Quickstarts
* Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews
* A version of LGPL for install scripts
* One of the OSI approved Open Source licenses for installed applications

I have authored and/or checked the contents of OSGeo-Live Project Overviews
& Quickstarts for Natural Earth, and that content is in the public domain
and can be included in whatever license scheme y'all decide, in this case
under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project
Overviews, and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
for Quickstarts.

Have fun with the license ;)

_Nathaniel