[Live-demo] Desktop Artwork

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 06:12:46 EDT 2011

Brian's desktop image can be found here:
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/desktop-conf/live-dvd-FOSS4G_sm2.png

My thoughts on the image are:

1. I really like the faded redish colour scheme you are using for the
mountains and background. It looks good without interfering with
whatever may be on the screen.

2. I also like where you have placed the OSGeo logo, hanging in the
corner like a moon.

2.1 I suggest that we should use the OSGeo-Live logo, which includes
both the OSGeo logo and a heart.

2.2 The OSGeo logo doesn't look very crisp. Seems there has been some
bleeding of the colours.

3. I like the placement of the red banner running into the mountains,
but feel it would look better if the colour were more washed out, and
rather than using bright red, use a darker shade of  "sunset red" you
are using on the background.

4. Regarding text, I suggest that our base download shouldn't say
"FOSS4G" on it, as it may discourage other conferences from distributing
it, as it will weaken the brand name of other conferences.
My preference is to have no text, or maybe "OSGeo-Live 5.0".
We could potentially do a special print run for FOSS4G which has "FOSS4G
2011" on it.