[Live-demo] Is there any objection to listing QuickStart material on the educational repository of OSGeo?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 04:48:19 EDT 2011

Simon, Charlie,
Yes, I think that it would be perfectly appropriate to reference
OSGeo-Live material from the Education repository. Such promotion fits
very appropriately with the underlying goals of OSGeo-Live of promoting
Open Source Software.

On a practical matter, I suggest that it would be better to reference
the osgeo-live website, http://live.osgeo.org, rather than copying the
material into the education repository. The reason being that when you
have material which is continually being maintained, that it is better
to have one point of truth, and thus avoid people looking at out of date
material.