[Live-demo] Re: we are running out of time to have libLAS on OSGeo-Live?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 17:07:06 EDT 2011

Howard,
We have some hard deadlines which we are getting very close to related
to getting libLAS on OSGeo-Live.
We need a Quickstart ASAP. As mentioned earlier, this can be based upon
your doc at http://liblas.org/start.html.
Also, we need an image in your Project Overview, as per my comments, and
ideally action my other comments.
Without either of these very soon, we will need to hold back libLAS
until the next release.
(I'm also happy for someone else to address these issues).

. Cameron Comment: Please include a suitable graphic. In this case,
probably a pretty picture of LiDAR data over a coverage? Maybe something
like this: http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/911/images/lg-map-lidar1.jpg .
Make sure you have rights to publish the image.

.. Cameron Comment: Note that many (most?) readers won't know what
LIDAR, or ASPRS LAS is. They also might not be connected to the
internet, so won't be able to follow links you provide. Hence, please
add a sentence or two here explaining what they are and why you would
use it.

.. Cameron Comment: Will need to link to Quickstart on OSGeo-Live once
it is written.

Geospatial Director