[Live-demo] Last call for new projects wishing to be included on OSGeo-Live

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jun 3 17:09:21 EDT 2011

On 06/03/2011 02:02 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> This is a last call for any new projects who would like to be included
> on this year's OSGeo-Live DVD [1], which will be handed out at FOSS4G 2011.
>
> If you wish to see your project included, then we will need to hear from
> you before the end of next week, Friday 10 June. In particular, send us
> an email as per:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Apply
>
> So far, we have approved the following new applications to join OSGeo-Live:
> mapproxy
> geomoose
>
> I'm hopeful that we will see an application from:
> thredds
> ncwms
>
> With the release, we also offering to publish Project Overviews from
> OSGeo Libraries if a volunteer steps up to write them:
> FDO
> GeoTools
> GEOS
> MetaCRS
>
> (GDAL, OSSIM and PostGIS are already included)
>
> [1] http://live.osgeo.org

I think we should send an invite to Opticks. I'm not sure if they are
aware of OSGeo Live but have applied for Incubation and are
participating in google SoC under OSGeo.

It a desktop app focused on remote sensing analysis. They do have deb
package on their website, so the possibility of easy inclusion is there.

Thanks,
Alex