[Live-demo] Re: LiveDVD Copyright Ambiguity - speak up if you have issues

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 00:04:51 EDT 2011

Cameron wrote:
> OSGeo-Live authors,
> It has been picked up that we have not selected a specific CC
> license. As such, I'm about to update all OSGeo-Live docs to be
> CC by Attribution, as per below.
> If you have any objections, please speak up before Monday 20
> June.

In general, only the original authors have the right to make
changes to license declarations. It can not be done opt-out.

For ReST pages which include the line:
:Copyright: (c) 2011 by The OSGeo Foundation

(which I think is most of them) I would assume that we could
expand the CC by-* license if we as a group agree to it,
following the present discussion of the topic.

fwiw,
Hamish