[Live-demo] Please help: Show-stopper bug blocking osgeo-live final release

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:39:46 EDT 2011

Hi Cameron,

On 03/14/2011 07:26 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Thanks for the update Angelos,
> I'm interested to understand:
> 1. Why is the default session Xfce now? Is this the workaround to
> avoid the autologin problem?

This is still unknown...

> 2. Can we got back to the standard session (ie not Xfce), and not
> re-introduce the autologin bug?

This would require to get back to the first remastersys version and test
another build.

> 3. How is an Xfce session different to normal? I'm nervous that we may
> be introducing a new interface that people are not familiar with, and
> more importantly, we have not tested all applications in the Xfce
> interface to confirm that they all work as expected.
Please have a look at the screenshots of ticket #692 that I 've just
uploaded. I tested around 25% of the applications on this build, they
all worked fine.

--
Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory