[Live-demo] Some problems we found to use the DVD for FOSSGIS conference

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Mar 15 05:43:03 EDT 2011

Am 15. März 2011 18:26 schrieb Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I tested the latest live DVD version for FOSSGIS conference and found some
> issues we cannot really solve. Maybe someone on the list can help?

Hi Otto,

I haven't tested the latest release and just remember from the FOSS4G
version.

> a) The desktop/keyboard appears by default in English. And I had a problem
> to change into German language for the workshops we want to do with the
> DVD.
> Maybe there is a certain procedure I have to follow?

I think it worked when choosing the right language and keyboard at the time
you log in.

> b) If I want to run the ISO image locally with VirtualBox, I cannot switch
> to full screen mode. The VirtualBox window is not adjusted to the full
> Window
> size. How can I do that?

As far as I know you need to install "Guest Additions" for VirtualBox. You
can find a menu item in the menu of VirtualBox.

Daniel

> Thanks for any ideas
>  Otto

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan