[Live-demo] Planing Roadmap in OSGeo Trac for Live Project

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 2 05:42:48 EDT 2012

Hallo List,

Is it possible to define several milestones for the osgeo live project
in Trac. IMHO its a good way to coordinate several activities and
committers. In addition we can use Milestones to write down release
notes and included tickets for bugs enhancements and tasks. An other
PRO is to the change to link bugs to the relevant released version.

What do you think about defining a new Milestone 'OSGeo Live 6.0' and
a version 'OSGeo Live 5.5' right here :
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/admin/ticket/versions (maybe for the older
releases as well (5.0, 4.5))

If anybody got bug reports or have other issues with the current or
prior release we could associate the bugs to the matching version.

What do you think about such a management improvement? I could help
defining and managing such milestones. Properly we could plan a next
release on IRC and put relevant issues/tasks into the basket.

What do you think about coordinate translations with such Trac-tasks
instead of an wiki-Page
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:Live_GIS_Translate). IMHO its quite
easy to assign tickets to myself and everybody have a clue whats in
the pipeline and who is working on. And properly who needs help to
finish tasks for an upcoming release.

Feedback is warmly wellcome

Cheers
Frank