[Live-demo] updating trunk to xubuntu 12.04

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 07:39:44 EDT 2012

On 04/29/2012 01:47 PM, Daniel Kastl wrote:

>> We are waiting for postgis 2.0 to be included. Until then there is no
>> point to test pgrouting.
>>

> Hi Angelos,
>
> I was kind of expecting the PostGIS 2.0 issue to come. ;-)
>
> > From a user point of view I would like to have PostGIS 2.0. As a repository
> maintainer I would like to keep PostGIS 1.5, because it's the officially
> supported PostGIS version. Especially for an LTS release.
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

This issue has been discussed in the past too. We held postgis 1.5 for 5.5.

But for a major 6.0 release I think we should work bringing the latest
and greatest versions of OSGeo software.
There are major changes planned for 6.0 like switching to OpenJDK and we
expect stability problems, but this is on the right direction IMHO.

It would be very valuable to discuss this more.

As far as the LTS point you make, sure, this is LTS, but we will use
12.04 for next release (6.5) too. We tend to stay on Ubuntu stable
releases for a while :)

Regards,
Angelos

--