[Live-demo] Re: Call for interest in OSGeo-Live 6.0

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Apr 30 13:20:42 EDT 2012

On 04/30/2012 10:00 AM, Jackie Ng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given my recent successes building the latest version of MapGuide and FDO
> for Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04, I'd like to take a look at the (strong)
> possibility of re-introducing MapGuide Open Source back into the OSGeo
> LiveDVD.
>
> However, I am currently not familiar with the LiveDVD build process. Is
> there any documentation that can point me in the right direction?
>
> - Jackie

Jackie,

Just have a look at the existing mapguide install script.
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/
We've kept the old script and just disabled it in recent releases since
it wasn't working.

Basically each major app has a bash shell script, if available it should
just do apt-get install package. But when debs are not available you
have to script the download, compile/setup and install.

If possible the best plan of attack is to get a deb package built, on
the ubuntugis ppa.

Thanks,
Alex