[Live-demo] Converting docs to UTF encoding

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 5 23:46:22 PDT 2012

On 6 August 2012 07:34, Zhengfan Lin <public.t.lin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Translating to Chinese under Ubuntu using GEdit with system locality set as
> En_US.UTF-8. No encoding problem found.
>
> One thing that does worry me is line encoding. Most En docs I found use MS
> Win style EOL (0x0D0A). HTML conversion seems to work fine with that, but
> Unix style (0x0A) could be more secure. Should we convert EOL ? Besides, is
> absence of last line EOL a problem ?
>
> -
> Zheng-Fan LIN
>

> PS: Sorry for replying only to Jorge one hour ago. Wrong button...

If HTML docs are being rendered well it's not a huge problem, dos2unix
should solve tho problem. You can concatenate the find command I sent
with dos2unix to exectue it in all files with windows EOL.

If you want me to do it and commit the files I can do it also.

Best regards

--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org