[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.0 at OSGIS conference

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 03:47:27 PDT 2012

On 13/08/2012 5:41 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 08/13/2012 12:25 AM, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
>> On 7 August 2012 21:58, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>   On 7/08/2012 9:42 PM, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
>>>
>>>   Cameron: When are we expecting the final OSGeo-Live ISO release?
>>>
>>>   Barry, we are scheduled to provide an ISO to you on 14 August, in one
>>> week, leaving you 3 weeks to get the DVD burned.
>>>

>> We should be able to get the DVDs burned in time. I should find out from
>> Suchith if he wants the regular DVD or the -mini variant. Will the regular
>> one fit reliably onto a DVD? Is it like the old CD days when the standard
>> was 650Mb but manufacturers pushed it to 700 or more with occasionally
>> failing consequences?
>>
>> Barry
>>
> There is stupid stuff like that, but more that manufacturers say 4.7 and
> reality is 4.4. We will make sure that it will fit into 4.4 by doing
> burn tests on our end and trimming if needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
Barry, can you please check, and confirm that if we get an ISO to you by
Monday 20 August, (our likely delivery date), that you will still have
time to burn the DVD. (This gives you 2 weeks to burn DVDs).

Re which ISO to burn: you should be using the regular image for DVDs.
The mini-ISO is used if you wish to burn 4 Meg USBs.