[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.0 at OSGIS conference

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 04:15:12 PDT 2012

On 13/08/2012 9:03 PM, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Cameron Shorter
> <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Barry, can you please check, and confirm that if we get an ISO to you by
>> Monday 20 August, (our likely delivery date), that you will still have time
>> to burn the DVD. (This gives you 2 weeks to burn DVDs).
>>
>> Re which ISO to burn: you should be using the regular image for DVDs.
>> The mini-ISO is used if you wish to burn 4 Meg USBs.
>   Morning (GMT) Monday?
>
>   My procedure is then:
>
>   Download ISO
>   Confirm Checksum
>   Burn two DVDs (just in case) (preferably on two different systems)
>   Confirm Checksums of DVDs [something like dd if=/dev/dvd | md5sum]
>   Post DVDs to duplicators with artwork files on CD, (or uploaded to
> duplicators site)
>
> Sound about right?
>
> They should get it next day (or day after if late for post).
>
> That should give the duplicators a clear week to turnaround (there's
> also a holiday Monday on the 27th to worry about) and get in the post.
> Next day delivery to Jo's house and we've got a couple of days slack -
> but I'd rather leave them slack than get the ISO on the 22nd! :)
>
> So that's all good.
>
> Barry
Barry, good plan.
The one thing I'm fishing for is that you have talked with the printers,
and the printers have given you the verbal commitment that they will
definitely be able to turn around the DVDs in time.
(You want to make sure the key person you need to talk to isn't planning
to take leave on the critical day, or some other thing).