[Live-demo] Countdown to OSGeoLive 6.0 - verifying quickstarts, wrapping up translations

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 14:23:13 PDT 2012

It seems we have fixes for the last remaining OSGeo-Live 6.0 technical
issues, which are being put into our last beta for testing now. So here
is our schedule:
Times in European time:

(2 days) COB We 15 Aug:
* Finish testing latest fixes to applications
* Update incorrect steps in quickstarts. We have noticed some of the
quickstarts are out of date. Please help us review your favourite
quickstart, and correct any steps which are obviously wrong. Minor
tweaks should be held back till next release.
* Finish translations
* Start Release Candidate build

(4 days) COB Fr 17 Aug:
* Correct any issues in RC1
* Accept quickstart corrections. Only provide corrections to an
obviously incorrect step. Doc tweaks should be added to:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/987 proposal for english
documentation improvements
* Start RC2

(6 days) Su morning 19 Aug: