[Live-demo] Re: Missing "Geospatial" pull down menu

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 05:21:19 EST 2012

On 02/11/2012 10:19 AM, Hamish wrote:
> Angelos wrote:
>> Since builds are done over ssh and a
>> command line, I could try to bring
>> down XFCE while building the DVD...
> afaik xfce is not running if the user is not logged in to X-Windows,
> only gdm. does 'user' ever log in to xfce between the time of the
> original xubuntu CD and the starting of the build?
>

> Hamish

I think that since I boot up a remote VM, the user logs in
automatically, regardless if I sign in from ssh, so I think the answer
to your question here is yes.
Using a headless option in VirtualBox does not mean Xserver won't start.

I should bring down gdm manually for the next build and see what happens

Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory