[Live-demo] DVD cover and booklet preparation: please check software+version list for DVD cover

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 04:18:38 EST 2012

Astrid:
> Some of my open Questions are:
> * MapGuide is not part of the list - right?

it's not installed on the disc, only an overview. but it's still
part of the osgeo live family.

> * GDAL/OGR Verion? - not 1.9.0?

1.8.0 is the main version installed, but technically libgdal 1.6.3 is
also on the disc.

> * OpenStreetMap (Tools for mapping the world) r4878 --> is r4878 right?

tricky as it's really 3-5 separate programs. JOSM "tested" is currently
at version r4878. But there is also Gosmore, Merkaartor, osm2pgsql,
osm2pgrouting, etc. which all have their own versions.
Not to mention 6 or so osm-icons packages of various different versions.

JOSM, Merkaartor (ver 0.17.2), and Gosmore (ver 20100711) are the major
end user apps of note.

Frank:
> * QGIS have version 1.7.4 because it came out a few days ago
> (instead of 1.7.3/1.7.2).

right.

> * In addition mb-system has 5.3.1917 instead of 5.2.1917

yes, 5.2.1917 was a typo, where did it propogate to?

> * the version of R-Stataistics (grepped from overview.rst) is 2.14.1
> instead of 2.12.1 (I'm not sure)

we're shipping version 2.14.1.

> * in the overview doc of marble is referenced 1.0.2, you listed it
> with 1.0.5 ???

you'll have to check Help->About within the program to see, the version
number in the build log refers to the KDE version not the Marble version.

> * postgis in documentation has version 1.5 you mentioned 1.5.2-2,
> should be checked again

As of 5.5rc2 we're shipping PostGIS 1.5.3. So "1.5" is ok, "1.5.2" is not.
don't bother listing the ubuntu-specific package revision ("-2").

> * same with zygrib (documentation 5.0 and in your list 5.0.6 - just a
> minor version difference)

I left off the ".6" on purpose as they are a release-early & release-often
project and it is forever changing. The x.y part is the important thing,
not the subminor .z bug fix release iteration.

Hamish