[Live-demo] 5.5 Beta 1 Status

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 21:44:44 EST 2012

Angelos wrote:
> Deegree seems to be at version 3.1 now, but the error shows
> a 403 error downloading deegree_start.sh:
>
>  >>>2012-01-19 12:24:59
> URL:http://download.deegree.org/LiveDVD/FOSS4G2011/deegree_start.sh.md5
>  >>>2012-01-19 12:24:59 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

since the 5.5beta1 build the URLs in the install script have been
changed to FOSS4G2012, and presumably now work.

note that the deegree start and stop scripts as downloaded are currently
ignored, and replaced by versions in the trunk/app-conf/deegree/ svn dir,
to work around a port conflict. (see below) the replacement scripts may
well be out of date; although when the port conflict is resolved those
can go away.

> 52north is a mystery still, since no error on installation
> log exists.
> Same for qgis-mapserver.

in what way do they fail? are the appropriate servers started?
Do you have >768mb RAM on the test machine?

> I hope we solve the issues so we can start a beta 2 soon.

the conflicting ports need to be addressed ASAP.
(note port 8080 is reserved for the system's tomcat)

Hamish wrote:
> > Sahana:
> >>      ProxyPass http://localhost:8000/eden
> > Please do not use generic port numbers like 8000, 8080, etc. We
> > have a dozen web service packages all competing for the same two
> > or three numbers.
> >
> >   ** 52n, deegree, and Rasdaman: this means you too! **
> >
> > please note which port you choose on the google doc
> > spreadsheet.

for 52n it is easy, start counting at 8052. :)

Hamish