[Live-demo] EOxServer - an Open Source WMS/WCS for Earth Observations & OSGeo-Live

Stephan Meißl stephan at meissl.name
Tue Jul 3 08:37:28 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 17:50 -0700, Hamish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> unless it is absolutely critical that it be that way, please
> install support files to /usr/local/share/gisvm/ or
> /usr/local/share/eoxserver/ and then symlink back into the
> $USER_HOME directory as needed. If things need to be writable
> by the $USER please run 'chmod g+w' and 'chgrp users' on it
> instead of having $USER own files outside of the home dir.
>

> thanks,
> Hamish

Hi Hamish,

I guess  you are referring to the files installed
in /usr/local/eoxserver? This is automatically done by pip but if you
prefer we can move them after the installation
to /usr/local/share/eoxserver/ and leave only a symlink in /usr/local/.

I added some calls to chgrp and chmod as you suggested. Those files are
all under /usr/local/share/gisvm/ which is symlinked
as /home/user/gisvm.

cu
Stephan