[Live-demo] Downloading via BitTorrent?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jul 5 16:53:57 PDT 2012

On 07/05/2012 04:48 PM, Hamish wrote:
> Cameron:
>>> One think I've noticed is what seems to be the extra large
>>> size of images currently listed at:
>>>  http://terasaur.org/search?query=osgeo
>>> In the order of 10 GB
>
> that'll be cumulative total of all (3) downloads, not individual
> file size. (so it seems the mini version without Mac and MS
> Windows installers included)
>

> Alex:
>> My plan this release was to move 100% to Sourceforge.
>
> erhm, do SourceForge know about these plans? In the (perhaps
> now distant) past they were not very happy about hosting such
> large files. Perhaps a heads-up email could be in order.
>

> cheers,
> Hamish

I researched that before uploading to begin with. They used to not even
allow files over a certain size. However they now appear to condone and
even have specific methods for uploading such large files. Note, the
iso's are not on all mirrors only some of them, hence the estimate of
~20 when they have significantly more. We are by no means the only
"distro" hosted on their service either.

If I knew who to email I'd be happy to.

Thanks,
Alex