[Live-demo] Downloading via BitTorrent?

John Reuning john at ibiblio.org
Thu Jul 5 18:11:10 PDT 2012

Thanks for giving it a try.  We get a variety of responses on torrent
downloads.  Some groups readily jump on board, others treat it as 2nd
or 3rd choice niche.  You're correct about some lab environments being
tightly controller.  The most positive feedback has come from
instructors with students who mostly bring their own laptops to lab
sessions.

The following URLs will be valid long term.

http://terasaur.org/item/show/osgeo-live-4-0-1/190
http://terasaur.org/item/show/osgeo-live-4-5/6520
http://terasaur.org/item/show/osgeo-live-5-5/6519

You're also welcome to link directly to the download pages.  e.g.
http://terasaur.org/torrent/show/osgeo-live-5-5-iso/2821d502daf2c061c713819a21825d42ffcc42c7
It depends on what will provide the best approach for your users.

We keep data from the both the tracker and seeds.  It'll be
interesting to see what the response is like over the next few months.
 Are release announcements posted to the list?  I'll keep an eye out
for new versions.

Thanks,

-John