[Live-demo] [live-demo] version 6.0 feature freeze tomorrow

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 04:12:04 PDT 2012

On 07/09/2012 01:45 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> On 07/09/2012 01:40 PM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
>> On 9 July 2012 12:06, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just a reminder that tomorrow is feature freeze for version 6.0.
>>> This also means that I will start the build process of beta1 in 36
>>> hours
>>> from now.
>>> Geoserver and Geonetwork installations have just been fixed in svn.
>>>
>>> Outstanding issues are listed here:
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/report/10
>>>
>>> Please commit any fixes you might have.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Angelos
>>>
>> I'm sorry to said I've closed the gvSIG critical bug with a wontfix
>> solution. Our debian packager unfortunately has not had time to work
>> on the package so the current package of gvSIG 1.11 works with OpenJDK
>> or Oracle 1.6 and not on 1.7 which I assume is the blocking dependency
>> not resolved on gvSIG installation.
>>
>> That said, we have to accept not being included on this release of
>> LiveDVD. I hope we will have the updated debian package for ubuntu
>> 12.04 on the next LiveDVD Release.
>>
>> Best regards.
>>
> Hi Jorge,
>
> I recall that 1.12RC is getting close. We would like to include this
> version on the DVD, even if it is not ready for beta1 tomorrow.
> Perhaps we could try a custom installer and not a deb file.
> Thoughts?
>
> Best regards,
> Angelos

I have tried installing latest 1.11 version on alpha4, without included
jre. There was a message about not finding java 6 but I ignored it.
Installation process worked fine and the software seems to work fine
under openjdk7 (without JAI though).

Is there a way to deploy the bin file automatically? I recall Geonetwork
getting installed from a bin file with a configuration xml file. Could
this be the case for gvSIG too?

--
Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory