[Live-demo] Virtual machine overview documents

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:34:16 PDT 2012

Micha,
I'm tentatively in favour of creating a VM page, but have the following
concerns:
1. I think we have left our doc creation timeline a bit late for the 6.0
release. We are not leaving much time for review.
2. I'm a bit concerned that we may have created too much text for our
current ISO and VM creation quickstarts, as they have created a
maintenance load that requires tweaks with every release, both in
English and then into translations. (I'm nervous about the existing
VM/ISO docs being too large).

I suggest that we should:
1. Describe one way to create a VM inside OSGeo docs
2. Describe one way to create an ISO inside OSGeo docs

Point to wiki pages where we can describe multiple ways for creating
ISO/VMs.