[Live-demo] 6.0 alpha4 Status

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 18:31:24 PDT 2012

Angelos wrote:
> I just finished testing all applications on the disk
> (6.0alpha4).

thanks as always :)

> Here are my findings:
>
> 1. Docs are not built correctly.

because gvsig was blocking apt,

> 2. gvsig blocks the apt and applications cannot install
> after this (this will be fixed with 1.12RC)

"""
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gvsig:
 gvsig depends on openjdk-6-jre | sun-java6-jre; however:
  Package openjdk-6-jre is not installed.
  Package sun-java6-jre is not installed.
dpkg: error processing gvsig (--install):
"""

> 3. 52NorthWSS still broken (and seems from an old e-mail
> won't be fixed. I propose we drop it for 6)

"""
ERROR: cannot verify 52north.org's certificate, issued by `/C=IL/O=StartCom Ltd./OU=Secure Digital Certificate Signing/CN=StartCom Class 2 Primary Intermediate Server CA':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to 52north.org insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
"""

adding --no-check-certificate to the wget command lets it
download, and presumably install.  now fixed?

> 4. eoxserver can be installed but has an issue with pink
> tiles on the demo

sounds similar to the classic offline-mapfish issue in the
trac'er.

> 5. Geonetwork and Geoserver are still broken

(no errors seen in the build log)
?

> 6. gpsdrive is not installed but I was able to apt-get
> install it on the vm.

fixed in svn, I had the version number wrong. FWIW the
apt-get'able version is not useful in this particular case.

> 7. mapfish now is installed but does not start

requires geoserver?

> 8. mapnik still has some demo issues

ditto?

?

> 10. gosmore freezes and josm does not start

any error messages to follow if you start them from the command
line? see quickstart for building the gosmore cache the first
time you start it. build log looks ok.

> 11. ossim is not installed

the deb needs to be rebuilt for Ubuntu 12.04 or UbuntuGIS,

"""
TODO: libgeotiff2 is current, libgeotiff1.2 called
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to locate package libgeotiff1.2
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libgeotiff1.2'
E: Unable to locate package libgdal1-1.8.0
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libgdal1-1.8.0'
E: Unable to locate package libopenscenegraph65
E: Unable to locate package libgdal1-1.8.0-grass
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libgdal1-1.8.0-grass'
ERROR: Package install failed! Aborting.
"""

> 12. rasdaman is now installed but with some demo issues
> (getting some exceptions in WMS capabilities)
> 13. tinyows not installed

seems it is not present in UbuntuGIS's ppa for 12.04?

"""
E: Unable to locate package tinyows
ERROR: Package install failed! Aborting.
"""

> 14. udig still has custom jre

:-(

> 15. zygrib has no launcher (but works)

custom repo for the latest version is missing packages for
Precise, so it falls back onto the Ubuntu 12.04 official version,
which is rather poorly packaged. (I'm rather surprised it made
it past the Debian ftpmasters' scrutiny to be honest)
I've been hoping that upsteam would post their new pkg, but
if not I'll go in and clean up the launcher etc by hand.

> 16. zoo-project demo is broken (based on geoserver)

also, the error check grep at the end of the build log gets
itself into a bit of a recursive loop.

thanks,
Hamish