[Live-demo] Maintaining and translating the OSGeo-Live presentation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 11:12:33 PST 2012

On 07/11/12 09:36, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> 2012/10/29 xurxosanz at gmail.com <xurxosanz at gmail.com>:
>
>> My slides are at github so they are easy to get and improve
>>
>> https://github.com/jsanz/slides-201209-geocamp
>>
>> I've used impress.js so the HTML file is just some divs with plain
>> HTML, easy to translate. Anyway, they are more about the project than
>> the software inside.
>>
>> For a very long slides deck like this I would also use that fancy
>> sphinx output, but as others have said, following the rule of always
>> writing slides for the last person in the room. :-)
>>
> Yes after work a little bit on sphinx slides I change idea and start
> to work on your slides. The translation is really simple, now I'd like
> to add some slide about software I'll try to do my best for the new
> slides.
> Have you some hint to give me?
With regards to creating new content. I suggest that pitch your content
to assume that the majority of people don't know anything about mapping.
Eg: before saying a web service supports WMS, you need one sentence to
explain what a WMS is.

I'm interested to hear how things went with sphinx. Did you manage to
create nice slides from sphinx? (I'm interested to know whether we
should consider moving to sphinx or not).